Provides interactive and motivational workshop facilitation to HRA CareerCompass participants. Focus areas include resume preparation for all clients, ONET Career Exploration, sector-based overview and other client-based self-assessments, to develop and enhance clients’ skills in preparation for training and educational activities, job placement, internships or other engagement activities in the HRA Career Pathways model. Provides support to the Orientation and Instruction team for coverage of orientation and workshops as needed.
- Facilitates computer resource room workshops for program participants on such topics as: resume preparation and writing, using email, basic online job search navigation, self-assessment, and introduces on-line tools that are used in a group setting. Assessments workshops topics include: interest, skills, values, etc.
- Responsible for creating and updating resumes, and cover letters for all enrolled clients within 10 days of enrollment. Identifies immediately job ready clients and refers them to Internship & Placement Coordinator.
- Assists with workshop coverage as needed utilizing prepared curricula and appropriate training materials, integrating vocational concepts and employment activities in a classroom setting.
- Conducts interactive facilitation allowing for questions, comments and discussion from clients.
- Integrates relevant on-line computer sites and available tutorials to supplement and enhance classroom instruction.
- Complete administrative tasks including copying, scanning, and documenting client work and progress in Web Based Systems including Credible and NYCWAY.
- Integrates relevant on-line computer sites and available tutorials to support and enhance classroom instruction.
- Maintains contact with Career Services Coordinator to track and update client progress.
- Attends and participates in meetings, staff development sessions and in-service training as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree required with at least 3 years related work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, vocational rehabilitation or social-service related field preferred. Bilingual a plus, not required.
- Experience working with public assistance population.
- Experience working in employment services or in social service-related field.
- Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to motivate and engage clients.