The Nassau Comprehensive Employment Services (CES) team provides vocational services to assist client’s to achieve their employment goals. Services include providing assessment, training, job search and placement services, retention, and career advancement.
This position will facilitate employment readiness workshops; market and recruit prospective employers for job placement, establish and maintain a job bank for client referral and develop internship and community service engagement openings for clients. Will also provide placement referrals and retention services to Nassau clients identified as immediately job ready.
• Achieve and maintain monthly job readiness training and job placement goals as determined by Director.
• Facilitate job readiness and soft skill training workshops, including interviewing skills, resume development, work habits, and computer literacy.
• Meet with clients to discuss job opportunities, assist with scheduling interviews, and provide post interview feedback.
Promote Nassau employment services to area businesses to create future partnerships and identify job openings as they pertain to the
business development strategy. Maintain working relationships with business associations within all service communities throughout Nassau
county to identify prospective employers.
Maintain and execute documentation, such as case notes, and workflow through computer-based programs and technology that draws on basic
software/computer skill set.
Maintain knowledge of all regulations for local, state and federal levels as they relate to individuals with barriers to employment and within the
welfare to work system. Work with local WIB’s, Workforce One Centers, and state agencies on client placement goals as they pertain to
• Monitor and report on job readiness workshop client attendance and progress weekly while encouraging and fostering client engagement.
For those clients placed while attending Nassau CES, verify and document day one placements to ensure that employment information is
accurate and in accordance with program mandates. Establish retention goal information with clients on day one of placement.
Identify, prepare and confirm job ready clients for interviews, including assistance with obtaining appropriate work attire. Assure clients have
proper ID and documentation for interview/hire.
• Identify internship and community service engagement opportunities for clients to help fulfill their DSS employment requirements.
• Update, design, and implement job readiness training materials and curriculum as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
3 years work experience
Experience in vocational rehabilitation, social work or social service-related field preferred
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to work effectively with public assistance clients from various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and establish and maintain
effective working relationships with clients.
Maintain professional ethics related to confidentiality of client information.
Bilingual a plus